Daylighting design and practice offer the next large opportunities for energy savings in workplaces and homes, while improving lighting quality and building performance. It is vitally important that architects and designers expand their understanding of this important area of building design and implement daylighting strategies and technologies in their practices.
The Daylighting Academy is directed to architects, designers, and those involved with the building operation and specification processes. Attendees will develop and advanced understanding of the daylighting design process and applications.
- Daylighting design, codes & standards
- The nature and metrics of daylight
- Daylight effects & introduction into architectural spaces
- Fenestration systems & integration with electric lighting
- Daylight measurement and simulation methods and tools
- Case studies in integrated daylighting
- Daylighting practice & technology showcase
Sponsors: Sacramento Municipal Utilities District, Pacific Gas & Electric, UC Davis Extension