This Office Lighting course is offered through PG&E’s Energy Training Center and taught by an industry professional from CLTC. This course is designed for those who design, specify, or inspect lighting installations in new and remodeled commercial office spaces. The curriculum includes an overview of current lighting technologies, including LED luminaires, and updates on new lighting requirements and sections in the 2016 standards.
Learning outcomes for course participants include the ability to:
- Effectively apply Title 24 requirements specific to lighting for office applications
- Identify mandatory and prescriptive requirements
- Apply compliance methods and procedures in professional practice
- Identify current lighting technologies and controls, including LED luminaires, available to fulfill code requirements
- Navigate sections of the standards for specific requirements and exceptions
- Access resources through utility and lighting technology training centers for continued professional development