The California Lighting Technology Center (CLTC) will debut new curriculum and solicit suggestions for improvement with this intermediate class for professionals. This course is designed for those who design, specify, or inspect lighting installations in new and remodeled commercial office spaces. The curriculum includes an overview of current lighting technologies, including LED luminaires, and updates on new lighting requirements and sections in the 2013 standards. Participants will also tour CLTC to view technology options that meet, or exceed, code requirements.
Thursday, December 12
8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
CLTC (Davis, CA)
No fee for California businesses and residents; breakfast and lunch provided.
At the close of the class, attendees should have a firm understanding of current code requirements for office lighting under Title 24, Part 6, and be able to:
- Effectively apply Title 24 requirements specific to lighting for office applications
- Identify mandatory and prescriptive requirements
- Apply compliance methods and procedures in professional practice
- Identify current lighting technologies and controls, including LED luminaires, available to fulfill code requirements
- Navigate sections of the standards for specific requirements and exceptions
- Access resources through utility and lighting technology training centers for continued professional development