8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. November, October 12
Energy Education Center - Irwindale
6090 N. Irwindale Ave.
Irwindale, CA 91702
Instructor: Kelly Cunningham
This intermediate class is for professionals who design, specify, and/or inspect lighting installations in new and remodeled commercial office spaces. Attendees will gain a firm understanding of current code requirements for office lighting under Title 24, Part 6. The curriculum includes an overview of current lighting technologies, including LED luminaires, that are available to meet, or exceed, code requirements.
At the close of the class, attendees should be able to:
- Effectively apply the Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards code requirements specific to lighting for office applications.
- Identify mandatory and prescriptive Standards’ requirements, apply compliance methodology, and procedures in professional practice.
- Identify current lighting technologies and controls, including LED luminaires, that are available to fulfill code requirements.
- Review major lighting-related updates and new sections in the 2013 Building Energy Efficiency Standards code.
- Access resources through utility and lighting technology training centers for continued professional development.
This course is worth 5.5 AIA Learning Units.