8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
SCE Energy Education Center – Irwindale
6090 N. Irwindale Ave.
Irwindale, CA 91702
Instructor: Kelly Cunningham
This intermediate class is for professionals who design, specify, and/or inspect lighting installations in new and remodeled commercial office spaces. Class participants will gain an understanding of current code requirements for office lighting under Title 24, Part 6. The curriculum includes an overview of current lighting technologies, including LED luminaires and controls options that are available to meet, or exceed, code requirements.
- Review lighting-related measures in the 2013 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
- Identify mandatory and prescriptive standards’ requirements, apply compliance methodology, and procedures in professional practice.
- Effectively apply the Building Energy Efficiency Standards requirements specific to lighting for office applications.
- Identify current lighting technologies and controls, including LED luminaires, that are available to fulfill code requirements.
- Access resources through utility and lighting technology training centers for continued professional development.
This course is worth 7 AIA Learning Units.