The lighting portion of the 2013 Title 24 code incorporates technologies developed through CLTC’s work with the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) program and demonstrated through the State Partnership for Energy Efficient Demonstrations (SPEED). SPEED program demonstrations provided evidence of the effectiveness, feasibility and affordability of adaptive lighting technologies added to the new state codes and standards. CLTC is also involved in outreach and education efforts aimed at helping professionals meet—or exceed—Title 24 standards.
These resources are not intended to replace the Energy Commission's comprehensive Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards or its compliance manuals. They are simply intended to help designers and building professionals become familiar with advanced lighting technologies and the latest code improvements.
- Title 24, Part 6 Lighting for Office Applications Guide
- Title 24, Part 6 Retail Lighting Guide
- Title 24, Part 6 Outdoor Lighting Guide
- Title 24, Part 6 Residential Lighting Guide
- High Efficacy Residential Lighting Guide
- 02/11/2015: Office Lighting: Title 24 and Technology Update
- 03/31/2015: Title 24 Part 6 Essentials: Standards & Technology for Retail Lighting
- 04/15/2015: Title 24 Part 6 Essentials: Standards & Technology for Office Lighting
- 04/22/2015: Title 24 Part 6 Essentials: Standards & Technology for Office Lighting