CLTC is supporting the Center for Sustainable Energy develop classroom and on-the-job workforce training in SB 535-designated disadvantaged communities in IOU service territories. This project is funded by the California Energy Commission.
Electrical apprentices will learn to install and maintain automated demand-response (ADR) communications equipment in existing buildings to improve grid reliability and advance to goals of AB 758. Specifically, CLTC's role in the project is to:
- Review and assist with development of CALCTP – ADR training course to ensure consistency with existing CALCTP – I and CALCTP – AT training programs.
- Update existing CALCTP – I and CALCTP – AT training materials to address new ADR topics
- Evaluate existing lighting/HVAC equipment for inclusion in small and medium buildings (SMB) and public facilities in SB 535 designated disadvantaged communities in IOU service territories.
- Develop prototype training board for laboratory portion of CALCTP – ADR course
- Train project team on board components / exercises to enable board replication and rollout at JATC and other training sites.