The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) implemented the IOLS in a planned multiyear renovation of its 520,000-square-foot headquarters in Sacramento, CA. The original lighting goal was to provide more uniform task lighting and higher visual comfort. Original designs fell short of these goals. The IOLS, in contrast, met design objectives and increased energy savings.
Features & Benefits:
- High-quality ambient and task lighting for an aesthetically pleasing office environment
- Energy-efficient LED task light components that can be customized to the individual workspace
- Optional personal occupancy sensor to control task lights
- High user satisfaction for the IOLS retrofit compared to baseline scenarios (average satisfaction of 50 users in five offices was 92%)
- Significant energy savings ranging from 25–59% with lighting power densities as low as 0.6 W / ft2